- Curious how others are thinking through re-opening and estimating PPE supply needs?
- Curious what co-op pricing looks like for masks? Or “no contact” thermometers? (coop price: $50… vs $85)
- Worried about making sure you get what you need on time?
- Interested in buying from a worker-owned coop? A local NC person-of-color-owned manufacturer?
- Complete this interest form (takes 2 minutes — simply estimate what you think you might need)
- Review initial Pricing, Terms, potential Suppliers — Q&A on May 26 at 9am ET & Update Call on June 2 at 10am
- Make your order with pre-negotiated terms, pricing & more — June 3-10
“The process was exceptionally transparent and well-run. Thank you for the hard work and dedication to providing an optimum result for everyone.”
“Pricing for some items was 30-40% lower with CPA.”
Who are our suppliers?
- We’ve been in conversations with 23 suppliers over the past 8 weeks and my colleague Juan Francisco Hidalgo is in the process of pre-qualifying more. We plan to release an RFP and so we expect to have a wide range of options.
- We’ve executed a few transactions with 5 primary companies that we’ve found to be very reliable and so we’ll likely have a variety of options to suit different needs.
One of our favorite suppliers is Carolina Textile District PPE — Take 10 seconds to check out their website right now. – “In response to COVID-19, a consortium of 60 American manufacturers, The Carolina Textile District has come together to help produce medical supplies in response to a request from local healthcare providers.”
Read this story about how the group of US manufacturers (including worker-owned co-op — Opportunity Threads) came together in response to the pandemic: https://
nonprofitquarterly.org/masks- mutual-aid-and-our-broken- supply-chains-a-north- carolina-story/
Who is CPA?
In 2019 CPA worked with over 120 organizations across 10 product/services areas to facilitate $17 million in purchasing. CPA offers expertise and competitive group procurement for services including energy (electricity and gas supply), waste pick-up, HVAC maintenance, solar development, janitorial, security, copier, and landscaping.